Launched by The Hong Kong Council of Social Service (HKCSS) in 2002,the Caring Company Scheme (the Scheme) aims to foster strategic partnerships between the business and social services sectors to promote good corporate citizenship and create a more inclusive society. The Scheme also helps corporations and social services organisations to know and understand one another at a much deeper level. This will create more room for working together to develop cross-sector community projects that focus on the needs of the community.
In 2022／23, 4,408 companies and organisations were awarded the Caring Company / Caring Organisation logos, indicating that local companies and organisations recognise the concept of corporate social responsibility, and more and more of them are dedicated in developing a sustainable society.
To build a cohesive society by promoting strategic partnerships among business and social service partners, and inspiring corporate social responsibility through caring for the community, employees and the environment.
- To raise public awareness of good corporate citizenship demonstrated by the business and public sectors and their contribution to a caring community
- To motivate strategic partnership initiatives among the public, business and charitable organisations
- To recognise organisations which demonstrate good corporate citizenship
About the Organiser
The Hong Kong Council of Social Service is an umbrella organisation of over 480 Agency Members which provide over 90% of the social welfare services in Hong Kong. Its vision is to build a welfare sector that is highly accountable, efficient, effective and responsive to social needs, upholding the long-term sustainable development of society and the well-being of our citizens. Through the Caring Company Scheme, HKCSS fosters business and social service organisations to work together with key focuses on:
- providing cross-sectoral dialogue opportunities for better understanding of community needs
- facilitating networking and matching potential partners
- educating the public about CSR and its impact on the community
- providing training and tools to build capacity for partnership
- recognising achievement in cross-sectoral partnership
Patron of The Hong Kong Council of Social Service
The Hon John Lee Ka-chiu
Chief Executive of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region